Foundation Scholars Program
The Foundation Scholars Program strives to provide a select group of students with a unique college experience through common coursework, living communities, and opportunities to study abroad or improve a social condition in the local community.
- Graduating high school senior
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative high school GPA & a minimum 24 ACT/1160 SAT composite score
- Demonstrated leadership and service in your school and/or community
- Full undergraduate admission status to SVSU
The selection process is competitive, and we accept a limited number of students each year. Once your application has been submitted and reviewed, you will be sent a letter informing you of whether or not you have been selected for the program.
- Offers $1,200 to be used toward a study abroad experience or a community service
- Two designated Foundation Scholars courses (from general education) which only Foundation Scholars students are enrolled in
- Priority registration
- An assigned academic advisor (Eric Davis) to assist you with your progress toward graduation
- Offers extra-curricular activities and events (admission fees are paid by the Foundation Scholars Program
- The option to reside in the Foundation Scholars Floor of the Living Center
- An overnight retreat held before the start of fall semester, during which you will be able to meet fellow students, upperclassmen, and staff
- Full time enrollment during fall and winter semesters
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Regular meetings (as requested) with your academic advisor
For more information, contact Foundation Scholars Program Coordinator Eric Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 964-4286.